Subject: Bookmarking
From: bottle (
Date: 2003-07-24

I have been using the bookmarking patch for a couple of months and just
updated to the new version released a week or so ago (to have access to
all the cool features you guys are adding to the software in all it's
forms) and noticed that the behaviour has changed. :-(

I have a recorder 20.

When pressing the stop button the bookmark would be created at that point
and saved taking a few seconds then stop playing.
After reloading the bookmark you would get to hear the same few seconds

I found this to be an excellent way of keeping track of where I was as I
tend to read the first sentance of the next chapter in a book before I
put it down so that when I pick it up later I get reminded of where I
was. I can see that this could be unwanted for music but as I listen to
books about 90 percent of the time and music the rest I was wondering if
this could be put in as an option or/and would it be possible to have
another key set as a bookmark here now hotkey that doesn't stop play
rather than have to navigate the menu(Tricky when driving).

Thank you for your time.
Sorry If I am rambling but it is late...

Ps. I bought this device only after having seen this software and the
original firmware lasted just long enough for me to get home plug it in
and Rockbox it. Haven't looked back.

-- - Accessible with your email software or over the web