Subject: Possible hardware problem
From: Brian King (brking_at_charter.net)
Date: 2003-07-26

Recently I have started having a problem with my Studio 20 and I am
pretty sure it is a hardware problem. I was wondering if anyone on the
list might have experienced the same thing or might be able to suggest a
cource of action. Essentially the problem is that when playing a song,
when I toggle the menu button it alters the sound coming out of the
headphones. It seems to alter both the volume and the bass and treble
settings. If I go to the sound menu and change the volume it seems to
jump back to where it should be. Same with the treble and bass. At first
I thought it was a rockbox bug (or more likely my bug since I have a
patch on my rockbox that messes with things like this) but I reproduced
the problem with the archos firmware (and 2 sets of headphones...).
Should I just try to return it? I have the extended 4 year Best Buy
warranty, so I should be able to return it...

-Brian