Subject: Re: I dont think the flashing tool should be a plugin..

Re: I dont think the flashing tool should be a plugin..

From: Jean Boullier <jean.boullier_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 04:37:47 +0200

Personally I would strongly prefer that all the flashing material stay
away from the regular Rockbox modules. And it is not only because first
I do not need it and second I cannot use it in my current JBR. 8-)

I think that the flashing process is not part of the normal
functionality of the Jukeboxes, I mean it is not supposed to be used
outside upgrade times and weighing the normal module down with code
which is not normally necessary is adding unnecessary complexity.

Also for those who have flashable units but do not wish to do it
(carefulness, warranty, etc...) it is creating a potential risk to put
this function somewhere in the regular menus.

The way it is today, flashing is really a voluntary decision needing
downloading specific pieces and starting a specific plugin and I think
it is very well this way.

Jean.

--
Jean Boullier - Rouen - Normandie - France