Rockbox mail archive
Subject: Dynamic playlist viewer
From: Hardeep Sidhu (hardeeps_at_pobox.com)
I've submitted a patch that implements a basic viewer for the current
playing playlist at: http://tinyurl.com/i506 (sourceforge.net). Any and all
feedback would be greatly appreciated. For those of you who are interested
in the feature but don't want to compile your own version, pre-built
binaries can be found at: http://hardeeps.freeshell.org/viewer/. I'll try
to keep these binaries up to date with latest cvs whenever possible.
The dynamic playlist viewer allows you to view and manipulate the current
playing playlist. The viewer is accessed from Menu->Playlist Options->View
Dynamic Playlist. The main viewer screen displays the filename (minus
extension) of all the tracks in the playlist along with their position.
Icons are used to display special tracks:
1. Music icon = Current playing track
2. "Q" = Queued track
3. "M" = Track to be moved (see below)
Controls (r=recorder, p=player, b=both):
- UP(r), LEFT(p) : Scroll up one line
- DOWN(r), RIGHT(p) : Scroll down one line
- ON+UP(r), ON+LEFT(p) : Scroll up one page
- ON+DOWN(r), ON+RIGHT(p) : Scroll down one page
- PLAY(b), RIGHT(r) : Start playing highlighted track. Also used for moving
a track (see below).
- ON+PLAY(b): Access track operations menu
- OFF(r), LEFT(r), STOP(p): Exit viewer
Track operations menu:
1. Delete: Delete the highlighted track. If it is the current playing track
then next track will start. You cannot delete a track if it's the only one
in the playlist.
2. Move: Move specified track to a new position. After requesting
operation, you are returned to the main viewer screen where you can select
the position you want to move to. Press PLAY(b) or LEFT(r) to select
highlighted position. Notes:
- The cursor flashes to identify when you are attempting to move a track.
- You cannot move the current playing track.
- The move is aborted if there is a track change or a track is deleted.
Page was last modified "Jan 10 2012" The Rockbox Crew