Subject: Re: Digital output cuts of a second

Re: Digital output cuts of a second

From: Vladimir Pantelic <pan_at_nt.tu-darmstadt.de>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 15:23:02 +0200

Elliott Marc Davis wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> So I picked up a Recorder 20 (and of course, immediately installed
> Rockbox 2.0) and hooked it up to my receiver through digital out. What
> I noticed is that when I would browse to a song, it would cut off the
> first second or so. However, if I'm playing through a playlist, and it
> goes from one song into another, I will hear the first bit of the song.
> Also, I can hear the first second or so when hooked up with headphones
> to the headphones jack. Any insights as to why the digital out would be
> clipping off the beginning and how I can stop it?

Your reciever needs some time to synchronize with the digital audio
signal, one second is maybe longer than other devices need.

When going from songs to song the digital audio signal is never interrupted,
so your receiver stays in sync and you hear all the music.
When you start playing, digital out is turned on and your receiver
syncs - so you lose the first second.

Regards,

Vladimir