Subject: RE: Dynamic playlist viewer
From: Hardeep Sidhu (
Date: 2003-07-27

Hi Michael,

> Would it be possible to integrate this idea in the On-Play menu. We now
> have at least three things we can do from the WPS:
> (1) Hit "On" to see and navigate the HD Directories, and change the
> currently playing song.
> (2) Hit "On-Play" and manipulate the current playlist via the Playlist
> option.
> (3) Use this new patch to manipulate the playlist.
> How hard would it be to integrate (2) and (3)? I'm haven't entirely
> thought through whether or not that entirely makes sense from a usability
> point, but my initial gut feeling says "yes."

I'm not sure that the On-Play menu would be the best location for this as
the current operations in that menu are intended for individual
files/directories. However, I do like the idea of having a quick way to
access the viewer. On the recorder I could add it to one of the quick
screens (F2->Up maybe?), not sure about player though.