Subject: Re: What model and mask version for the badly charging units?
From: TP Diffenbach (
Date: 2003-07-28

Quoting Stephen Ball <>:

> OK I tried again last time using F1+Plugin, just turned it on when I saw
> this post and again 64% charged
> I box is an FMR with the hardware info below
> ROM: 2.00
> Mask: 0x0304
> USB: positive
> ATA: 0x200
> PR: Negative
> Flash: M=BF D=D6
> If there is anything else you need to know just let me know and I'll be
> happy to help. I really want to help get this problem solved

Stephen, I have an FMR exactly the same hardware profile, and the 030114-2210 build flashed.

While I had had some charging problems, they were hardware problems that I solved by physical means; I doubt those problems were related to the flash.

At this point, I'm charging succesfully, and getting about 9-13 hours of battery life per /full/ charge (calculated against continuous -- no interruption at all -- repeat all playing of 126 (yes 126, not 128) kpbs VBR mp3s.

For my amusement as much as anything else, I would be curious to know what value shown in battery debug screen 2 (menu|Debug (Keep out!)|View Battery|"DOWN" key) for both "Battery" and "External" when you are charging (charger plugged in to Archos and to the outlet/mains/wall) and not playing music. On the off chnace that you have the problem I had, this data will indicate it.

Archos FM has a Rockbox!