Subject: Some battery metrics
From: TP Diffenbach (
Date: 2003-07-28

Here are some FM Recorder battery metrics. I'd appreciate if other FM Recorder owners could verify or refute these metrics, and I'd appreciate corresponding metrics from owners of other Archos tpes ( Players, Studios, Recorders).

All data is taken from the Debug | View battery screen, and all data is approximate.

Maximum battery level, while charger is plugged in: 4.25 - 4.31 Volts
Maximum external (charger) voltage: 6.95 - 6.97 Volts

Immediately after fully charging and removing charger:
Maximum battery level: 4.05 Volts
(But it's hard to get to this lewel. )
More usual level immediately after fully charging: 3.80 Volts.

Voltage at which the unit turns itself off: ~ 1.97 Volts.

Archos FM has a Rockbox!