Subject: Re: The FMR Off key
From: Daniel Stenberg (daniel_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-07-29

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, TP Diffenbach wrote:

> On the FM Recorder, holding the "Off" key for ~5 seconds causes a hardware
> shutdown. Am I correct in thinking that the Rockbox software will
> "immediately" detect that the "Off" key is pressed

Yes, it will detect the initial press at once.

> and thus will have (at least some of that) 5 seconds to prepare for
> shutdown?

We have no code that detects or even attempts to detect this situation. You'd
need to have some code at a very central place that need to detect "STOP
pressed a long time, we're about to shutdown". Even then, we can't know that
it actually will shut down as you may very well release the key any moment.