Subject: Re: Battery hell

Re: Battery hell

From: Rob <rob.ward_at_paradise.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 13:03:47 +1200
Hi Brent. Yup, we Kiwi's use 240V (strictly 230V I think, but either are within the other's tolerance ratings).

I use a cell-phone charger I bought from Dick Smith (remember that ozzie?) part no. M9933 I think (www.dse.co.nz) and is rated 9V at 0.8A max. Seems to work ok.

I read somewhere that NiMH batteries DO take a few cycles to reach full capacity. Mine new ones seem to follow this.

Rob

Coutts, Brent (DCS) wrote:
I keep a check on the temperature because I thought if my unit was getting
hot
then it might indicate that things were going a bit crazy.  My unit is as
cool
as a cucumber all the time.

Rob, do you kiwis use 240V the same as we Aussies do ?  If so, what charger
are
you using (Volts and mAh) ?

Another question for all - do NiMh batteries take a few cycles to get to
full
charge ?  Would it be better to charge those batteries outside the Archos ?

Cheers,

coutta