Subject: Re: plugins calling plugins
From: BlueChip (
Date: 2003-07-29

> > Can we do a page swap? Image the memory space to a file on the hard
> drive, open
> > the new plugin, then when done, read the image back into memory?
>interesting idea, you might be on to something there. this could also be
>used for pausing a game,
>changing the song, and coming back. the problem would be, how do you tell
>the second plugin to
>load the first one when it's done?

how about a proposal...

new features:
#1# plugin can call menu system
#2# plugin can call browser
#3# plugin can call plugin

I suggest that for 1 and 2 we adopt keys which all plugin authors will use:
#1# ON + F1
#2# ON + F2
(can we do "ON + Fkey" ?)

To affect these:
#1# use same system as wps uses
#2# use same system as wps uses ??
#3# use rb->call_plugin("plugin", parameter)

for 3, use a chunk of code something like...

rb->call_plugin(name, param)
#define maxdepth 5
static depth = 0;

   if (depth>maxdepth) return;

   swap current plugin to disk;

   load new plugin ("/.rockbox/rocks/%s.rock",name)
   call plugin(param);

   swap old plugin back to memory;
   erase temp file;