Subject: Re: oog->mp3
From: Chris Holt (
Date: 2003-07-29

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:32:39 -0700 (PDT), scott wrote:
> --- Chris Holt <> wrote:
>> "Don't" may not be an option. Even the fabulous Rockbox can't make
>> the
>> AJB play OGG files. :)
> idealy you could just rerip to mp3 from the CD... because everyone's
> mp3 collection is completely legal... right? *looks around*

Don't look at me! I haven't been brainwashed by the RIAA into believing
that the only "legal" compressed music is ripped from a store bought CD.
Lot's of bands, both unknowns and popular release music for download, and
there are many re-purposing and time-shifting applications that would be
legal for even copyrighted material.

With the music industry's recent brilliant tactic of suing it's own
customers and their army of lawyers constantly on the march, I think
forums like this can afford to focus on the technical aspects of
compressed digital music and not concern ourselves with the legal and
moral aspects of it's use.

Sorry, had to vent. I'm coming over to inspect everyone's MP3 collection
later today. better get out your CD's so you can prove you didn't steal
them! :)