Subject: RE: Some battery metrics
From: TP Diffenbach (
Date: 2003-07-29

Quoting John Donahue <>:

> FMrecorder
> *The unit will fade out at 1.43V when left idle.
> It will barely be able to spinup at 2.00V and dips to 1.50v while doing so.
> JohnD

Great work John. I especially like how it mirrors my data. :)

Using your data to confirm mine, we now know how to determine when an FM is fully charged.

And we can assume the battery floor for disk operations is ~2 Volts (I'd been saying ~1.97).

You say your maximum (without the charger) is 4.12, I say mine is 4.05, but the battery falls faster when full, so the difference isn't that much.

(Oh, and don't do what I just did too: including email addresses in the message body means they'll be put on the web in list archive, and scrapped by spam spiders.)

Archos FM has a Rockbox!