Rockbox mail archive
Subject: no more startup-rolo of ajbrec.ajz for flashed Rockbox
Some people may complain, but after a grace period I'm not supporting
startup-rolo of ajbrec.ajz any more. Some people may have gotten used to it, but
there's plenty of good reasons for that:
- startup is about one second faster (depending on root dir clutter)
- no point in "abusing" flashed Rockbox to be just a loader
- it never was a Rockbox feature, it's an Archos feature
- private builds should have the cold-start ability by now
- no more renaming-away to "ajbrec.ajz_" or so required any more
- it only affects people who obviously can flash, so flash again if you want
- UCL is even available from the daily build page, should be no hassle
- we can "play" UCL files by now, the plugin starts automatically
- easier handling against the infamous plugin incompatibililty: download
plugins+ajz+ucl into place, play the ucl to flash, if it is incompatible rolo
the ajz and redo. No renaming required afterwards.
If you still insist on this feature, go ahead with your private build. The
code is still there (in main.c), just commented out.
I will update the documentation to the easier procedure (playing UCL, no
renaming, avoid incompatibility) and also compile new flash packages based on
this version. (This only affects the people who haven't flashed yet, giving
them a nicer start.)
COMPUTERBILD 15/03: Premium-e-mail-Dienste im Test
1. GMX TopMail - Platz 1 und Testsieger!
2. GMX ProMail - Platz 2 und Preis-Qualitätssieger!
3. Arcor - 4. web.de - 5. T-Online - 6. freenet.de - 7. daybyday - 8. e-Post
Page was last modified "Jan 10 2012" The Rockbox Crew