Subject: Re: fixed fonts in archive
From: Michael O'Quinn (michael_at_oquinn.info)
Date: 2003-07-30

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, John Donahue wrote:

> Michael O'Quinn wrote
>
> >"Don'cha hate the way the archive has all the spaces stripped >out of your
> >nicely formatted table ..."
>
> I noticed that any text preceded by a line with some dashes will format as fixed font in archive mail, see TP Diffenbach's signature for example. At least that's how it looks on my computer with IntExplorer.
>
> (testing my theory)
>
> ---
> testing testing testing
> one two 3hree
>

> John D

> Eliminate pop-ups before they appear!
> Visit www.PopSwatter.com now - It's FREE.

Hhhhmmm...

So, the archiving formatter stripps whitespace in the bod of the message,
but leaves it so that formatted signatures still look O.K.

Like this:

Col 1 Col 2 Col 3
This table uses
spaces for formatting

COL1 COL2 COL3
This table uses
tabs for formatting

---

And like this:

Col 1 Col 2 Col 3 This Table uses spaces for formatting

COL1 COL2 COL3 This table uses tabs for formatting

Curious bunch, a'int we?

Michael