Subject: F1+On doesn't work for me (rombox)
From: George Michaelson (
Date: 2003-07-30

Maybe its the way I do it, but holding F1, and pressing ON simply boots rombox,
and then puts me into the F1 button state.

The only way I can get Archos is to rolo it off the disk.

(this is to see if I too have been bitten by the 'charging doesn't charge'
problem, which I think is the case, I just did my first post-rombox charge and
after an initial 13hr, it drained to 4-5hrs in under 20min. I've been using an
external charger before this, which seems to give me a genuine 12-14hrs in
2100mah batteries)