Subject: Re: F1+On doesn't work for me (rombox)

Re: F1+On doesn't work for me (rombox)

From: <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 09:27:54 +0200 (MEST)

> > Maybe your keyboard is marginal, can you please do an experiment:
> > goto Debug->View I/O Ports, check the readings for analog input AN4.
> Should
> > be around zero for idle state, but what's your range of readings when
> you
> > press F1?
>
> Idle state is 00[01]
> Pressed is 18[CDE]

That's perfectly in range for a recorder, so my boot loader should detect
it. Maybe you operate it wrong?

> Maybe I mis-understand what ON+F1 is meant to do. Likewise exactly how
> long F1
> should be pressed, and when released.
>
> I am holding both, until at least [rolo descramble] and if I hold it
> beyond
> that, I go into the [f1] menu state.

Press and hold F1 while the unit is still off, then press On. You can
release both after a normal "botton pressing time". Use F1 like a shift key for On.

> What should ON+F1 give me, in a rombox flashed machine? Archos original
> s/w or
> the ajbrec.ajz on my hard drive or ...

It will start the original Archos software, which in turn may load
"ajbrec.ajz*" if you have.

Jörg