Subject: Re: Testers wanted: up to 50% greater battery life
From: TP Diffenbach (rockbox_at_diffenbach.org)
Date: 2003-07-30

Quoting idc-dragon_at_gmx.de:

> > > You may exploit partial screen update instead of the full thing, if not
> > > already done.
> >
> > I suspect that if we're going to update, we should just update.
>
> Don't underestimate what a strenuous operation the screen update is. There
> are 7168 pixels to be updated, all with bit-banging a serial protocol "by
> hand". The settings update is probably nothing compared to this.

Oh dear. Is the update smart enough to not update non-scrolling, non-changing lines?

But.

The settings code may or may not take longer; the salient point is the settings code really isn't needed except for two of the <however many settings there are now>. The other salient point is that we swouldn't need to do this at all if we could do a clean shutdown that saved settings.

--
Archos FM has a Rockbox!