Subject: Re: Seen in IRC
From: David McIntyre (plugh_at_mudbarn.com)
Date: 2003-07-30

If I'm going for max battery life, the peakmeter, progress bar, and elapsed
time could all be sacrificed.
The area of most concern would be the battery indicator. Did you intend to
eliminate that? The numeric display would certainly require more frequent
updates than the bar graph, but I could imagine certain points in the discharge
cycle where it would update multiple times in a short time frame. It's not
going to be a terrible drain on the battery, but defeats the purpose of
eliminating or reducing the frequency of battery-expensive screen updates.

--
David McIntyre         plugh_at_mudbarn.com        http://www.mudbarn.com
PGP Key fingerprint = CAB5 A73A 43FA 19E3 449D  20B8 25D7 FA84 8847 D6A7