Subject: Long Term Recording Error
From: Dave Jones (
Date: 2003-07-31

I've been performing some long term recording testing with two different
AJBR 20s. Both are using daily build 030728. I've been using the "record
split" feature with a split every hour.

After a good bit of recording, I've consistently been getting a *PANIC* rec
upd: -6. I've recorded for 48 hours, 67 hours, 32 hours, and 44 hours
during 4 separate tests. All four ended with the rec upd: -6 error.

I can't seem to find a pattern of settings that cause this, or even a
pattern in how long the recorder will run before it happens. The four long
term tests were at 44.1 kHz, stereo, mic input, quality of 5. Shorter
tests with other settings and shorter split time periods haven't
enlightened me and I haven't had time to perform long term tests at all
possible combinations of settings...

The error does happen on the record split time. So I think it must be the
case MPEG_STOP_DONE in mpeg.c that is bombing out at the "Create Xing
Header" section. The -6 error looks like a "Couldn't find filename in path"

Anybody have any suggestions? Any tests I should run, files to upload that
might help solve this one?

Dave Jones P.E.
Senior Project Engineer
HFP Acoustical Consultants Inc.