Subject: Re: Windows images
From: Nix (
Date: 2003-08-02

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, Simon Stevenson said:
> Does anyone have a copy of the kpit GNU SH Tool Chain? There website is
> down and google is showing up references to them discontinuing it. Am I
> right in surmising that without Linux these are the only tools to allow
> me to compile for the Windows Simulator?

I don't see any reason why you can't install cygwin and use that. The
simulator just requires a GNU toolchain and the mingw libraries.

(The GNU sh*-*-* toolchain itself is maintained by Joern Renneke,
Alexandre Oliva, and Kaz Kojima, and while they're busy people and the
sh* is a bit of a MIPS-like nightmare to maintain because of all the
variants, it's still improving; I think it was Kaz who contributed
sh4-media support only a few months back.)

`We cannot get a new line down the pipe due to a blockage and we cannot
 dig up the road to clear the blockage because it is covered with the
 wrong type of tarmac.' --- British Telecom, via Mark Lowes