Subject: Hard Drive upgrade
From: Bradley M Alexander (
Date: 2003-08-02

Hey all,

I have an old Toshiba Tecra 8000 laptop with a completely dead battery. I
got to wondering, since I haven't been able to get a larger drive yet, if
it would be possible to swap the drive from my JB6000 with the 10GB drive
in this laptop (if I can't tote it around, I may as well let it sit with a
smaller drive :).

The drive that was in the laptop is marked as a Toshiba HDD2932. It is also

B ZE01

and it says DC+5V 0.7A.

Physically, the drive is nearly the same footprint as the Archos. (Perhaps
a few millimeters narrower than the JB.) I did not disassemble the Archos
at this stage, I wanted to verify with you all first. Considering the
batteries, it almost looks like its too wide to fit in the case. my
understanding was that the Archos used a laptop hard drive. Are there
different sized drives? More importantly, will this particular drive work
in the Archos?

Bradley M. Alexander                |
gTLD SysAdmin, Security Engineer    |   storm [at]
Debian/GNU Linux Developer          |   storm [at]
Key fingerprints:
DSA 0x54434E65: 37F6 BCA6 621D 920C E02E  E3C8 73B2 C019 5443 4E65
RSA 0xC3BCBA91: 3F 0E 26 C1 90 14 AD 0A  C8 9C F0 93 75 A0 01 34
"All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by."
				Dedication plaque, USS Defiant, NX-74205