Subject: Re: .rockbox/fonts and .rockbox/languages

Re: .rockbox/fonts and .rockbox/languages

From: Jean Boullier <jean.boullier_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2003 19:51:47 +0200

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

>>Shouldn't the default font and language directories be moved from /.rockbox/
>>to /.rockbox/fonts/ resp. /.rockbox/languages/ ? This would unclutter the
>>/.rockbox/ directory in my opinion. And we already have /.rockbox/rocks/ and
>>/.rockbox/docs/
>>
>We might need to adjust some code for this, to make the automatic save of
>"played" languages and fonts etc to work,

Actually this is the true issue/question. Nobody needs any authorisation
or help to move this stuff wherever wanted. In fact I have already
decided to do it some time ago and I have created ajz, cfg, fnt, lng,
txt and wps subfolders in .rockbox. Everything can work fine from there.
The only inconvenience is that the preferred fonts, wps etc are not
restored when resuming, which is working as deigned. For me it's a minor
problem though since I can now access my cfg files very quickly and
restore everything as I like while the first title starts playing.

But I have nothing against an upgrade which would take this into
account, obviously! 8-)

Cheers. Jean.

--
Jean Boullier - Rouen - Normandie - France