Subject: Feature Request Plug: Ratings & Auto Playlists (Retry)
From: Jeremy M. Johnson (jeremy_at_jerelabs.com)
Date: 2003-08-02

With all the talk about redoing some of the F2/3 menus and now having
dynamic playlists, I wanted to plug a feature request (#705205) I submitted
some time ago...

There are two distinct requests which tie to each other.

1) Song ratings: use one of the F3 menu options to allow the user to rate
the song on a scale of 1 to 5. This is then saved in the MP3 tag (where
exactly is determined by a config setting). In the future if a database is
implemented it would get stored there. Not sure which PC apps can read this
currently, Media Player 9 seems to store it in a funky format.

2) Auto-Playlists (ala Media Player 9): Ability to generate a playlist of
all songs of X rating, in X genre. In the future maybe rockbox could track
times played, when played, etc.

Just my ideas, feel free to ignore them :-)

- Jeremy