Subject: Re: Nested playlists anyone?

Re: Nested playlists anyone?

From: CombThins <bmnews_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 12:42:00 +0100

"mrlipring" <mrlipring_at_tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> Or maybe scripts that add other playlists?

Sorry, not sure I follow your meaning. Do you mean scripts that do some
operation like "add all playlists in all subdirectories" or "add all
playlists that are called Album*.m3u" ??

Initially I would just like to add support for playlists that people might
already have made up on a PC and which play fine in players on the desktop.

We could then add functions to generate hierarchies of playlists - a bit
like the recursive playlist generation, but creating a playlist in each
directory, referencing lower playlists to include tracks in lower
directories, rather than including each track individually. But that's can
come later - once we can play the nested playlists.