Subject: Re: Flashing recorder, playlist
From: Christoph Kriesch (
Date: 2003-08-04

> Christoph Kriesch wrote:
> > 1. I have flashed my Archos recorder 20 GB and every think works good.
> > Then I flashed also the second image and it was also everything very
> > fine. At the moment the recorder starts with the version
> > rockbox030728. Today I try to flash the newest rockbox. I make a
> > download from the rockbock20030803.ucl and rename it to rockbox.ucl.
> > After starting rockbox_flash.rock I get the message "Incompatible
> > version". I tried it also with other rockbox.ucls but every time the
> > same message. Also when I want to play a game, I get the same message.
> > What did I made wrong ??
> You need to download the latest version of the rocks.

I download the latest full version 030804 and the ucl file, delete the .ajz
file and try to install the ucl file with rockbox_flash.rock. I get the same
message as before (incompatible version). Now I try to make the ucl-file
the latest .ajz file and to install this file and I also get the same
message as before. At the moment I get the newest version only when I start
the newest .ajz file. May be I am to stupid. Is it possible that I have to
delete the old second image before I install the newest one ?

The games are now working fine. Thanks for this.

> > 2. Is it possible or is there a program to browse through a playlist ,
> > which I have made with MMJB. In February there was a message that
> > someone try to build a playlistbrowser. Is this ready ? Sometimes I
> > need this of course I change between two lists and I want to start on
> > the same point I have stopped before. At the moment I have to click
> > some 100 times to reach my earlier stopping points and this not very
> > funny.
> See

This works very fine. Many thanks

3. Arcor - 4. - 5. T-Online - 6. - 7. daybyday - 8. e-Post