Subject: Re: RedLight=On, Box=Dead, Battery=9% !?!?
From: scott (die_pokemon_die123_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 2003-08-04

--- Sa'ad SAEED <saad_nl_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ok this is what happens...
> After a 'red light of death crash' when i turn the
> jukebox back on, the battery shows as only 9% and it
> turns itself off. After i turn it back on one more
> time it comes back to life normal... But sometimes i
> get this twice in a row. Could be a bug in rockbox? Im
> running a AJBR20 and i update teh firmware almost
> weekly and currently am running a 1 Aug full build.
> Has anyone experenencened(<lol) the same?
> I cannot repeat that problem but it happens
> frequently.

i've seeen this too, even when it isn't after RLDs. i turn on my FMR and the battery says it's at
some stupid low percent (like 7). the best way to test is to go to debug>view battery>down and
look at the voltage (for me it was 3.3V or so, definitely not at 7%). theres a lot of weird
problems that go along with RLDs, and at the moment, not a whole lot to do about them.

> One more question:
> Which version of firmware would you recomend i use?

the latest. just download the ucl file and rocks (or the full zip) after you do the initial flash
and play the ucl file.

-scott

ps: e-x-p-e-r-i-e-n-c-e-d