Subject: Re: Can't flash with homemade build ! rocks pb too

Re: Can't flash with homemade build ! rocks pb too

From: Magnus Holmgren <lear_at_algonet.se>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 17:36:49 +0200

mourad jaber wrote:

> I've got the same pb every time I try to flash with home made
> rockbox.ucl I've got that error with red led flashing I09:CPUAdrEr at
> 091F846C when I try to flash after passing the step 1 ( after pressing
> F1 ).
> I think the pb come from something wrong in the compilation because
> lot's of rocks work but othelo.rock/jackpot.rock doesn't work with
> message : inserted 256 track()
> And I try to flash with my homemade ucl from today's cvs with the
> rockbox_flash.rock from today's build and it worked perfectly !
> I have done step by step the do it yourself instruction to made a
> crosscompiler...
> soft versions :
> gcc 3.2.2
> gdb 5.3
> binutils 2.13.2
>
> Do you think it can come from that ?

Yep, but it is easy to fix. You see, I'm pretty certain you have a
rockbox_flash.rock that is an odd number of bytes long. As it happens, I
encountered the same thing, not 30 minutes ago, when adapting the "flash
UI" for the player! :) In plugins/plugin.lds, add the following line:

         . = ALIGN(0x4);

at the end of every section (to be on the safe side; for this problem it
is probably sufficient to have it in the last section), something like this:

     .rodata : {
         *(.rodata)
         *(.rodata.str1.4)
         . = ALIGN(0x4);