Subject: Re: Nested playlists anyone?

Re: Nested playlists anyone?

From: Neon John <johngd_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 01:24:08 -0400

On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 09:56:29 +0100, "CombThins" <bmnews_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
wrote:

>Hi all, and thanks for ROCKbox.
>
>Just wanting to canvass opinion before I jump into this one.
>
>I'm thinking of implementing nested playlists - so when a playlist loads, if
>an entry is another playlist, all that playlists contents get sucked in etc.
>Most, but not all, desktop players seem to support this.

YES, PLEASE. I was just pining for this feature this weekend when I was
manually cat'ing several playlists together to make a mega playlist. While
you're at it, add the ability to queue playlists. This would save a LOT of
time when I'm wanting to string several lists together and/or I don't have
access to my computer. To generalize, any playable object should be loadable
whenever an .mp3 is.

John
---
John De Armond