Subject: Re: Nested playlists anyone?
From: Neon John (
Date: 2003-08-05

On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 09:56:29 +0100, "CombThins" <>

>Hi all, and thanks for ROCKbox.
>Just wanting to canvass opinion before I jump into this one.
>I'm thinking of implementing nested playlists - so when a playlist loads, if
>an entry is another playlist, all that playlists contents get sucked in etc.
>Most, but not all, desktop players seem to support this.

YES, PLEASE. I was just pining for this feature this weekend when I was
manually cat'ing several playlists together to make a mega playlist. While
you're at it, add the ability to queue playlists. This would save a LOT of
time when I'm wanting to string several lists together and/or I don't have
access to my computer. To generalize, any playable object should be loadable
whenever an .mp3 is.

John De Armond
Cleveland, Occupied TN