Subject: need some Player firmware version insight for flashing
From: idc-dragon_at_gmx.de
Date: 2003-08-05

Hello,

thanks to Magnus porting the flash plugins, we're rapidly approaching
flashing the players. Like for Recorder and FM, I need to author a firmware which
contains both the original Archos Player software plus Rockbox.

I'm confused about the versions and like to double-check here: There are
"old" and "new" players, afaik the display differs, any more differences? How to
tell them apart? Ideally, I need a firmware dump of Archos software which
works on both versions. Does such exist? If not, I have to make 2 packages and
like to get the latest of each kind. Magnus gave me 5.06 from his "new"
player, plus I have 3.18 and 4.53. From the Rockbox code I see that 4.51 is some
magical limit, above is treated as "new".

Thanks for clarification,
Jörg