Subject: Re: need Player firmware version 5.08
Date: 2003-08-05

Excuse me for being so pestering,

> > flash) says under "New Features":
> > "3. Consolidated firmware for all JB MP3 Players."
> >
> > You think that still doesn't include the "old" players?
> Yes, it probably does. But that firmware is just ram-loaded, so it still
> looks at the flashed version to differentiate between new and old lcd,
> like Rockbox does.

Is that fact or assumption? Maybe the LCD controller can be probed, would be
the smarter way. What info do we have about the LCD? The datasheet section
lists the SSD1801 as unconfirmed, is that still so? Would this be used for
both old and new LCD? From the specs it rather looks like new LCD, but with
different char ROM. Haven't compared it in detail.

> They don't sell old models with >4.50 flashed. That's all I'm saying.

Yep, you made that point. ;-)

PS: I still need a 5.08 firmware dump, anybody?

3. Arcor - 4. - 5. T-Online - 6. - 7. daybyday - 8. e-Post