Subject: Re: "Flipping" through playlist songs takes a while
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-08-05

BlueChip wrote:
> I have mine set at 3 seconds and just suffer the loss. what would be much
> nicer would be the option
> "do not spin down whilst directory browser is active"

Actually, rockbox already keeps the disk spinning while you are active in the dir browser. The spindown is done X seconds after your last button press, not only X seconds after last disk access.

This means the disk will keep spinning while you are scrolling down to find your wanted directory, even with a 300-dir list and 3-second spindown setting.

--
Björn