Subject: Re: Re: Dir Buffer is Full

Re: Re: Dir Buffer is Full

From: Hardeep Sidhu <hardeeps_at_pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 11:52:55 -0700 (PDT)

--- Obi-Wan Kannabis <obi-wan.kannabis_at_caramail.com> wrote:

> >how many _files_ are in the dir?-
> >

> The structure of my HDD is :
> >> 1st dir (.rockbox) >> docs > 7 files
> >> rocks > 16 files
> > 4 files
> >> 2nd dir > 17 mp3
> >> 3rd dir >> dir01 >> dir11 > 2 files
> >> dir12 > 1 file
> > ajbrec.ajz
>
> This use 90,7 Mo on my 6Go HDD

I have a feeling your config block is messed up and the max number of files in
a directory is set to 0 or 1. Someone else reported this on IRC over the
weekend but I haven't had a chance to investigate.

Would you send a copy of your config file created using Menu->General
Settings->Write .cfg file please. It would also be helpful to know if you
changed any settings before the problem started happening. After saving, you
can reset your settings to hopefully fix the problem via Menu->General
Settings->System->Reset Settings.

-Hardeep