Subject: Re: Nested playlists anyone?

Re: Nested playlists anyone?

From: Neon John <johngd_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 17:43:08 -0400

Thank you. I love it when people figure out what I want before I do :-)

While talking about play lists, one other feature I'd love to have is the
ability to execute a .cfg inside an m3u file. That way I could put a .cfg
reference at the top of each play list to make sure the player is set up for
the best sound for that type of material. I now have about 6 different .cfg's
for different material (rock, big band, jazz, audio books, etc) and have to
remember to hit the proper .cfg before changing genres.

Perhaps if the .cfg name could sit behind a "#" in the play list file, this
extension would not affect all the other programs that use .m3u's. A "##"
could be a rockbox comment.

I wouldn't think this would be a major mod since one can already "play" a .cfg
file. I thought I might get lucky so I tried putting a .cfg file at the top
of a play list. The latest bookmarking code appears to try real hard to run
the cfg (lists the file name, lots of hard drive activity) but then just can't
quite do it.

John

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 11:56:58 -0700 (PDT), Hardeep Sidhu <hardeeps_at_pobox.com>
wrote:

>--- Neon John <johngd_at_bellsouth.net> wrote:
>> On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 09:52:55 +0200, Andreas Stemmer <groovingandi_at_gmx.de>
>> wrote:

>> >I thought this was already possible (Hardeep Sidhu's great dynamic playlist
>>
>> >extension)? Have tried the ON+PLAY menu on playlists?
>> >
>> >Andreas Stemmer
>>
>> I'm running samuraipanda's bookmarking code. I got the latest a few minutes
>> ago but haven't tried it yet. IN his previous release hitting ON+PLAY on an
>> m3u did not bring up the option to queue.
>
>The latest bookmark version includes the dynamic playlist feature.
>ON+PLAY->Playlist gives you all the options (including the ability to queue
>playlists/directories).
>
>> I really haven't paid attention to the details of the new plug-in feature
>> (figured I'd just enjoy 'em when they're done :-) Is this feature in a
>> plug-in?
>
>No, the dynamic playlist code is built-in to the main binary.
>
>-Hardeep

---
John De Armond
johngdDONTYOUDARE_at_bellsouth.net