Subject: Correctly display Hebrew and Arabic text (patch 783877)

Correctly display Hebrew and Arabic text (patch 783877)

From: Gadi Cohen <dragon_at_wastelands.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 04:49:33 +0200

This patch introduces a compile time option for BiDi (bidirectional)
support to correctly display Hebrew and
Arabic text on your rockbox. The support is implemented on an 'OS' level
meaning it will affect all display
functions including directory listing, the WPS and text file viewer.

It is assumed that you using either the ISO8859-8 (Hebrew) or ISO8859-6
(Arabic) standards to encode your
filenames on these respective filesystems. The routine mimics the
behaviour you would expect from localized
versions of the MS-Windows operating system.

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail
<https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=783877&group_
id=44306&atid=439120> &aid=783877&group_id=44306&atid=439120

NOTES:

This uses a different BiDi algorythm than my previous patch. I took the
php_hebrev code which actually made sense to me and made quite a few
changes. The result is a completely stable patch (no more weird pixels
floating about) with some room for future expansion. I also added
recognition for the Arabic character set. Comments would be
appreciated.

  _____

Gadi Cohen
Habonim Dror Southern Africa
National Youth Worker and Webmaster גדי כהן
הבונים דרור דרום אפריקה
עובד נוער ארצי ומומחה רשת
Cell: +27 84 555 4234 Israel: +927 55 204 878 email:
<mailto:gadi_at_habo.org.za> gadi_at_habo.org.za