Subject: Re: semi OT: MP3 splitter
From: Neon John (
Date: 2003-08-06

Thanks. That looks like it might work. I'd looked at this product last time
I went on the cutter hunt but it didn't do batch back then.

I'm getting annoyed enough about this and about begware for simple utilities
that I might just write a command line utility. Would be a good way to
re-enter programming after about 10 years off...

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 17:32:51 -0400, Chris Holt <> wrote:

>On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 16:36:03 -0400, Neon John wrote:
>> Just semi-off topic.
>> I'm looking for an MP3 file splitter that can take a directory or list
>> full of large MP3s and split them into specified size smaller files.
>> I've looked at several that I've found by searching but they all have
>> the problem of only doing one file at a time. And most want a frame
>> count or size specification and not a time spec. I can do the math but
>> it's a pain. I'd appreciate any recommendation of a program that I can
>> point at, say, a directory of audio book files and can split all the
>> large files into, say, 10 minute chunx.
>> Thanks,
>> John
>That's a tough one. I looked at a couple of command line utilities,
>thinking you could wildcard them, but they required start and end times,
>which would only work if you had all the same length (or at least close)
>I finally ran across this one, you can try it out and see if it's worth
>the 20 bux to you in saved time.
>I'll continue to use MP3DirectCut because I feel the need (even after an
>auto cue) to move the breakpoints between sentences (or at least words).
>I like to have legitimate stopping points. :)

John De Armond
Cleveland, Occupied TN