Subject: Re: Nested playlists anyone?
From: Daniel Stenberg (daniel_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-08-06

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, CombThins wrote:

> > Then, please tell us how you intend to add this feature! ;-)
>
> I've written it up at:
> http://www.mcintoshfamily.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/rockbox/NestedPlaylistDesign.htm
>
> I would welcome comments, either to the list or directly to me.

I think your idea holds.

What your document DOESN'T describe, is how you plan to keep track of all the
playlist names (I mean apart from the fact that you use some bits in the
playlist for an index number). You mention support for up to 4096 recursive
playlists, but since each playlist can be 256 bytes that makes 1MB of data.
Even if we limit the playlist names to say 64 bytes, it is still huge amounts
of data, and you'd need to use an intermediate file or something to store the
playlist names in...