Subject: Re: "Flipping" through playlist songs takes a while
From: BlueChip (cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net)
Date: 2003-08-06

At 19:16 05/08/03 +0200, you wrote:
>BlueChip wrote:
> > I have mine set at 3 seconds and just suffer the loss. what would be much
> > nicer would be the option
> > "do not spin down whilst directory browser is active"
>
>Actually, rockbox already keeps the disk spinning while you are active in
>the dir browser. The spindown is done X seconds after your last button
>press, not only X seconds after last disk access.
>
>This means the disk will keep spinning while you are scrolling down to
>find your wanted directory, even with a 300-dir list and 3-second spindown
>setting.

If the dir contains many filenames which are l-o-n-g, the disk will spin
down before you are able to read, fully, all the filenames on the screen.

I have not invented this problem to have something to talk about - it is
real and it has annoyerd me on many occasions. Yes, if it gets that bad, I
WILL patch the code myself. However, in the meantime, it would be sensible
to simply accept that the problem DOES exist!

BC