Subject: Re: No more rockbox
From: Chris Holt (
Date: 2003-08-06

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 7:44:00 -0700, Justin Heiner wrote:
> I did the same thing unfortunately, and am TERRIBLY disappointed. The
> Creative units are an ugly piece of crap when it comes to the
> interface, file copying, etc. The whole database driven filesystem
> sucks bigtime :-)
> -Justin

You both might want to take a look at Notmad Explorer
I used it with my Nomad IIc because Playcenter was about the biggest piece
of crap software I have ever inflicted on my poor computer.
Notmad is commercial software, but great value IMHO. Constantly improving
and I have never been forced to pay for an update.

Obviously this won't help on the player side of things, except it will
ease the database woes somewhat, depending on the current state of your