Subject: Re: No more rockbox
From: Mike Holden (rockbox_at_mikeholden.uklinux.net)
Date: 2003-08-07

Stephen Ball said:
> Yesterday my FMR broke down (third one in 8 months) :( So I took it back
> to the shop today as it was covered under cover plan, unfortunatly they
> (dixons) have stopped selling them as they have had many returns and
> faulty units.
>
> So they offered me credit or a refund, I took the credit and got the
> Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen, so I won't be using rockbox anymore :(
>
> Best off luck to everyone and I hope rockbox continues to grow and grow

Unlucky :-(

I also got my FMR from Dixons back in January, and it has been in use for
an hour or two pretty much every day since then, without any problem. As
has been said elsewhere, Archos quality control sucks, but once you get a
good unit, it seems to last well.

You could have taken the refund and tried buying one elsewhere of course,
but maybe you'd had enough by now!

--
Mike Holden

Rockbox page: http://www.mikeholden.org/~rockbox