Subject: Re: Question about dyn. playlists
From: Hardeep Sidhu (
Date: 2003-08-07

Marc Tricou wrote:

>But from your explanation, Hardeep, i don't understand the difference
>between insert and insert last. Insert inserts at the end oft the dynamic
>list right? If the dynamic list ends after the current track i inserts after
>the current track. Isn't this the way "insert last" behaves, too? Also with
>queue and queue last.
>Can you give me a hint?

Insert/Queue works the same way as Rockbox 2.0 queuing. The track(s)
will be added after the last inserted track. If no tracks have been
inserted then they will be added immediately after the current playing

Insert Last will add the track(s) to the end of the playlist.

Playlist contains tracks 1 2 3 4 5 and we are currently playing track 2.

1. Insert W -> 1 2 W 3 4 5
2. Insert X -> 1 2 W X 3 4 5
3. Insert Last Y -> 1 2 W X 3 4 5 Y
4. Insert Z -> 1 2 W X Z 3 4 5 Y