Subject: Re: semi OT: MP3 splitter

Re: semi OT: MP3 splitter

From: Neon John <johngd_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 12:47:10 -0400

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 01:54:52 -0400, Neon John <johngd_at_bellsouth.net> wrote:

>I think the mp3cut from sourceforge is going to do the trick, along with some
>fancy batch file programming. Either that or this perl program. Mp3cut came
>with source, natch, so if worse comes to worse I can set up a compiler and
>make my own changes.

I dropped the author of this program a note last night and had a reply this
morning. He's uploaded a new version that allows specifying the chunk size on
the command line. He said that he'd implement wildcard globing and sequential
numbering in the next release. The last version did silence detection which
completes the package. I think we've found our solution.

John
---
John De Armond
johngdDONTYOUDARE_at_bellsouth.net