Translations

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Re: Some questions about my flashed FM Recorder

Re: Some questions about my flashed FM Recorder

From: John Stevenson <steveo1967_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 08:59:57 +0100 (BST)

 --- divad neab <rockboxdbean_at_hotmail.com> wrote: >

> First, if I wanted to get an updated daily build, do
> I get the ucl file?

<<I may be able to answer this one for you not too
sure about the rest.

If you download the latest 'full' daily build and
extract it to you FMR. Browse to the .rockbox
directory and locate the ucl file. You should be able
to play ti and it will flash the latest build. This
was implemented sometime in the couple of weeks. If
you cannot see the file you will need to Press F2 and
select view all files.>>

> Whether I do or not, what next? I also had a couple
> of other things. I
> tried to queue a file and the queue option was not
> there anymore.

<<The queue function is available in the current set
of daily builds = Press on and Play whilst browsing a
filelist gives the options - if you install a later
build you will get option ofr playlist selecting this
gives a choice of insert, queue etc>>

Second, before I flashed
> my FM recorder, I would
> plug in the power to charge it when it was off, and
> it would start up and
> go to the charge screen. Now, after I have flashed,
> when I plug it in when
> it is off, it starts the FM recorder normally.
> There isn't anymore charge
> screen. I was wondering if this is normal, and, if
> it is, are you going to
> reimplement the charge screen later? Thanx.

<<There are some know issues with the charging screen
- read back through the mailing list and you will be
able to see if this is something that effects you>>

Third,
> When I used to hold the
> off button when the FM recorder was on and plugged
> in, it would go to the
> charge screen. Now when I do, it gives me an error.
> I do not know the
> specs on this error, and will send another email
> when I get them.

<<Is this ATA error? If so again read through the
mailing list there are proboems here with the FM - but
I am not sure if they have been resolved or not.>>

regards

John