Subject: Re: FMR vs JBR. Which one is better?
From: scott (die_pokemon_die123_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 2003-08-13

--- Brad <grimlysf_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have seen the previous responses on the list.
> Wondering if there are any other points to consider
> when comparing the FMR and JBR. I do not understand
> the ROM BOX/flashable chip issue at all (I am not that
> computer savvy).

theres no way to know which flash chip you'll get, but i think all of the recent models have the
flashable one, so it shouldn't be an issue.

> I have the product guarantee from Best Buy for the
> FMR. I am having serious synching problems with
> Windows 2000. I am
> thinking about returning it and see if I can get just
> the JBR (no FM).

that sounds like a problem with windows2k and not with the archos. i doubt changing models will
fix it.

> I really do NOT like having the LI
> ION battery. Its performance is not impressive. I
> would prefer to have the nimh with back up batteries
> so I can swap out batteries if I need to.
> I really do not listen to the radio anyway (besides
> NPR).
> Any advice/comments/suggestions?

if you don't mind the extra size and weight and prefer NiMH to LiIon, then i'd say switch to the
recorder.

-scott