Subject: Re: "See Spot Run" easy installation instructions?
From: Johan Vromans (jvromans_at_squirrel.nl)
Date: 2003-08-13

Sharon <sharon25_at_cox.net> writes:

> I finally got a 20GB Archos Recorder (not the FM version) and I'd like
> to put Rockbox on it because of its great resume feature.
>
> Do you have instructions somewhere that are VERY non-techie...kind of
> like "See Spot run" easy-to-read-and-understand???? Or maybe there is
> a pdf that can be downloaded?

From http://rockbox.haxx.se/download/

    Installation

    Unpack the zip archive in the root (top) directory of your Archos
    disk. Make sure you 'eject' (unmount) the usb disk before you
    unplug it. Then reboot (power off - power on) the unit.

    Windows users: If you choose not to unzip the archive directly
    onto the Archos, you can create the .rockbox directory by entering
    "mkdir j:\.rockbox" on a command prompt. Windows Explorer refuses
    to create this directory, so you must use a command prompt.

Also:

    Manual

    We have a brand new manual in PDF format. Please read it.
    http://rockbox.haxx.se/manual/manual.pdf

Happy Rockboxing!

-- Johan