Subject: How do you calculate the battery status?
From: Stoyan Stratev (svs000_at_aubg.bg)
Date: 2003-08-13

Hi,
I have a JBR 15. I installed the RockBox(nightly build) and I am very happy
with it. There is one problem however - the battery status is totally wrong.
Around half charge i switch off. Then, when i boot it tells me i have 9%
left. ok. after 10 minutes it says 25% and continues to climb. The first
time i saw this it climbed to 50% and just then started falling again.
Voltage stays virtually the same during the climbing(roughly 5.05v according
to the I/O ports). So now its impossible for me to tell when to plug the
charger.
What gives? Is it time for new batteries yet(right now I am using the
default 1500mAh and they are about a year old)?