Subject: Solution - ejecting USB device
From: Bernhard (fmr-rockbox_at_blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: 2003-08-13

Hi all,

I found an efficient way to eject my Archos Jukebox in Windows, now it takes
only 1 click and 2 seconds:
ct computermagazin (Matthias Withopf) did a nice little program that lists
and ejects USB & Firewire devices.
http://www.ct.heise.de/ct/03/16/links/208.shtml

1. type deveject on a command prompt window to find the deviceID of your
rockbox, the output format is: 'device class' 'deviceID' [removable]

2. to eject your rockbox, type deveject "-EjectId:devideID"

I created a batch file (eject rockbox.bat) containing the following 2 lines:
deveject "-EjectId:USB\VID_05AB&PID_0060\WWWW.ARCHOS.COMA"
pause
and then created a (desktop) shortcut to it, which allows changing of font &
window size, position etc. Once it works fine you could remove the 'pause'
from the batchfile.

Bernhard