Subject: Re: Some suggestions
From: Chris Holt (amiga2k_at_cox.net)
Date: 2003-08-15

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 16:12:06 -0600, d bean wrote:

> About my battery. So, since it is a 2200 maH battery, should I set it
> to 2200 in the settings? What does having a 2200 battery do? Should I
> be concerned about anything since is more power than the FM recorder is
> made for? Thanks for all you help
>

> - dbean

Mah simply refers to how much power the rechargable's can hold. So a 1500
Mah battery could output 1500 milliamps for one hour, or 750 milliamps for
2 hours, and so on. 2200 just indicates more capacity, like a larger gas
tank on a car. How much current the device *draws* will affect how long
this battery lasts.

As I understand it, the only thing Rockbox uses the Mah setting for is to
determine how much time to show available in the info screen. Nothing
else is affected. (including percentage, since that is based on actual
voltage)

Chris