Subject: playback skips during drive access ...

playback skips during drive access ...

From: <rockbox_at_roundcheck.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 10:06:39 -0400

Hi,

This is a new problem for me. I've had the recorder 20 for a couple of weeks
and have had no problems. This is what has changed.

I just started to encode my files using this method. I used EAC to create .wav
files, then used the Lame version 3.90.3 with that additional support for
monkey etc version 0.5.3 to encode all of the files at once with
' --nogap --alt-preset standard ' and a list of files.

The song files are now playing with no gaps between the tracks (live albums).
This is good.

But now I am experience the music stoping for a noticable time (500ms?) when
the Rockbox reads more of the MP3 files. The red light comes on then goes off,
the playback pauses, the red light comes back on then goes off again and the
file plays on.

I went back to the Archos software and this does not happen. The entire album
playes without any problems.

Is it possible that there is a disc defragment issue here?
Is there some option that I set that caused this?
Should I make this into a bug report?

Jim