Subject: Re: New harddisk does not spinup
From: John Stevenson (
Date: 2003-08-20

Ok - trying to think here...
It works OK on your PC - you can copy and delete and move files?
How about the connections on your JBR? Have you made sure they are the correct way around - I know it may be a stupid question - but hey worth trying? I have managed to connect a drive with the pins in the wrong position, this was with a laptop harddrive that had the connections back to front ie Pin1 was not where I expected it to be.
Does it have a power source or is the power source from the JBR faulty? - If it does not spin at all.